What's really in that?

Ok, since I happen to like the idea that McDonald's is giving away free coffee the month of February, I decided to stop and try it.

1 Iced Vanilla Coffee- Well lets just say if you like the taste of coffee you won't like this. Its more of a super-sweet vanilla drink with a splash of coffee - BUT ITS FREE RIGHT?!

2. I happend to really like McDonald's scrambled eggs- so instead of going for the big unhealthy meal, I order scrambled eggs.. thats it...

But, after listening to Michael Pollan's book, "In Defense of Food". I decided to check out the ingredients, I mean its only scrambled eggs right?

Wrong!!!!

McDonald's Menu- Ingredients & Nutritional Info:

Directly from the McDonald's page:

"
Scrambled Eggs (2):
Pasteurized whole eggs with sodium acid pyrophosphate, citric acid and monosodium phosphate (all added to preserve color), nisin (preservative). Prepared with liquid margarine: Liquid soybean oil, water, partially hydrogenated cottonseed and soybean oils, salt, hydrogenated cottonseed oil, soy lecithin, mono- and diglycerides, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate (preservative), artificial flavor, citric acid, vitamin A palmitate, beta carotene (color).
CONTAINS: EGG AND SOY LECITHIN."


Good grief!!! Is anything really what it appears to be???

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for adding one!