Checking In

I have not had much time, nor energy to Blog recently. Work has been chaotic, so when I get home all I have the energy to do is cook dinner and spend time with my husband, then I crash. Also, each year as it gets cold and dark, my body wants to do less and less! I fight the grumpiness of the winter every year, and every year think of moving some where warmer.

This week though.. was a success! I just finished listening to "French Women Don't Get Fat", it was recommended to me quite a while ago, but I didn't seem to get around to it until now. I have totally fallen for audio books, putting them on my ipod and listening to them on the way to and from work. Listening to them, makes my commute so much smoother.

In
"French Women Don't Get Fat", Mireille Guiliano describes the "french" enjoyment, relationship and way of life with food. Even if you are not interested in the "loosing weight" aspects of the book, the description and pleasure that she describes that the French people have with food, is amazing. If you are like me, you will at least look into french cookbooks, if not start buying better quality food. I feel more enjoyment just thinking about how enjoyment the french get from their food!

The second book that I finished was one that I actually read, "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle". I initially picked it up afer hearing about it on XM radio, on the Oprah chanell. It took me a little while to get used to the writers style of writing, but after the second chapter, I was hooked. I won't spoil the ending, but I was a little disappointed with it. I guess because I was hoping for a happy ending, or what I thought the ending should be. I didn't yell, like I did at the ending of the Soprano's, but the feeling was close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for adding one!